Tuesday 8 December 2009

My Life In Orange

Vintage suede shorts (Clothes Show) Sheer pussybow blouse (Charity Shop) Waistcoat (Kate Moss at TopShop) Black opaques, Patent shoe boots (TopShop) Gold hoops (Charity Shop) thrifted Bangles, Mock-croc envelope clutch bag (Jumble Sale)

As promised I'm showing off my fabulous Clothes Show purchases over the next few days. 

First off here's my 1980's orange suede shorts found in the "Vintage Village" on a £10 sale rail.
The shorts are fully lined with a high waist, pleated front and deep side pockets. They even had their original tags attached. They were made in Germany and I just love them. I can't quite believe the Clothes Show was into it's fourth day and nobody had snapped them up sooner, suppose that's the advantage of having eccentric taste.
They'll be ideal when meeting up with the girls for lunch over the Christmas holidays. I'm keeping the rest of the outfit black and fairly simple, after all I don't want to detract from the splendour of the shorts.

My hair's worn up in a bun - it works much better when it's in need of a wash. Make-up is a Body Shop black kajal pencil (free with Instyle magazine), Benefit Bad Gal mascara (birthday present), Primark Creme Blush and Rimmel Liquid Lipcolour in Minx.

4 comments:

  1. love the shorts, the vintage section was amazing, but none of the girls i went with appreciate vintage, so it was a bit of a whistle-stop tour and i didnt get chance to try anything on :(
    thanks for the levely comments, as usual, it's all about makin myself more confident (and the ex realise what he's missing!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man those shorts are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab find and what a loverly colour too :)
    ...xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet shorts! I love how the orange pops against the black. I will definitely be checking that section out at the next Clothes Show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and for leaving a message. Please don't be anonymous, I'd love it if you left a name (or a nom de plume).

Lots of love, Vix